Tuesday 5 February 2013

First Post This Year...More To Come

 
I cant believe it's February already and I haven't updated the blog in ages.  I do intend to try and keep it up to date from now on (at least once a week). Our dogs are all well, Brian has had some trouble with his hips in the cold weather but he is enjoying regular short walks and hydro so nothing to bad.

Really we haven't done a lot with our dogs over the last few months.  We have had other dogs staying here with us for training but they have gone now. We both said yesterday that it seems quiet with only 5 dogs as we have had pretty much had 6 here for the past few months.


Our agility Training has been very limited due to the rain and snow. I did manage a short session with Heidi last week, working on 'ins', it wasn't great though as she has had so long off training she was wild as you can imagine. As soon as we get some good weather though we will get back into it. Kody has been doing some obedience, he is very good at it too.

I have entered 1 show for this year so far, Dog Vegas at Easter but only for the day. It's far too early in the year to be camping yet and with so little training I doubt Heidi and Kody will be at their best by then. I have accepted a couple of Judging appointments for next year, Scunthorpe in April and Dog Vegas in May. Other than that though I have declined any others as I really cant make plans much further ahead than that at the moment.

I have played around with some bits of Agility Training with Brenda but she certainly wont be competing next year, if at all. I think ill just end up training her but nothing more. 

Chaos is growing so fast, he is really big now and a little bit of a monster (eaten 2 sky remotes in the space of a few weeks as well as several shoes) but he has a heart of gold and is such a lovely boy. I am so pleased with him and his character, he makes us laugh so much. His obedience has been going well but a bit slow, until recently he really hasn't been that interested in toys but he does have one toy that he likes and we have been out to the paddock a few times playing tuggy with it and he is quite focused so we just need to build on that. We haven't started agility training yet, I want a nice solid wait before we do any equipment.

No comments: