Monday 13 August 2012

Adams Agility Show

We arrived late on Thursday afternoon at the show, was given our pitch number and then  we got stuck and had to be towed on as the ground was very wet underneath. Not a great start. We did have a very good ringside pitch though.

The show was a lovely relaxed show, the dogs only ran on Friday and Sunday as I was judging on Saturday.

Heidi has been terrible all weekend, not sure what has got into her,  especially as she ran so well the week before at Scunthorpe. I don't actually think she got to complete a course all weekend!

After last weekends madness, Kody was a very good boy this weekend with only the odd mistake here and there. He had a pole in jumping on Friday and in his agility class took the DW not the tunnel (lots of dogs had done that) and yesterday just a refusal in jumping.

Why is it one week one is good and one mad and the next week they swap over! Cant they both be good at the same time?! (Not mad at the same time though please!)

On saturday I shared my judging with Jackie. I had veteran jumping and Medium and Large 1-4 jumping. It was an interesting experience, the veteran class ran very well and it was so nice to see the older dogs having a great time. I set the same course for the Med and Large dogs but spread the jumps out a little more for the large ones so that they could have a really good run. I didn't think I had set a particularly difficult course and I thought Id have had more clears than there were, it was also interesting to see that the bulk of the clears that I did get that were in the placings were ABC dogs. I guess that when you plan a course you think of what you would like to do and set something that suits your own dogs, in my case Mali's. I enjoyed watching Natalie and Reno run my course as they ran it how I imagined it in my head!

After lunch Jackie took over judging but the show was so short of helpers me and Conor went back over to the ring and helped for the afternoon along with a few people who had helped all morning. We were very grateful to those that helped on our ring.

Below are my two courses:




Chaos is growing rapidly and really coming out of his shell, he is so much more confident and is starting to recognise people now, he gets very excited to see Jackie! Yesterday he got to play with a little Bulldog puppy and they really seemed to like each other, playing chase and wrestling, they were very entertaining to watch!

No comments: