Thursday 10 March 2011

Crufts Tomorrow!!!

Tomorrow we are off to Crufts for a day out and I'm quite excited. We are hoping to arrive in time to cheer on Jackie & Speedy in the breed ring and will hopefully get to watch the ABC Jumping too. We are mostly going on a shopping trip though, a good opportunity to spoil the doggies (not that they need it!)

This week when we have been training I decided to alter the stride pattern that I want Megan to take on the dog walk so that she does the down in 2 strides rather than 3. I think it will suit her better as she does have a very long stride. Training it has started off well and we tried it out at club tonight, still with the stride regulators in place and after some initial confusion of her thinking she needed to stop on the contact (something she never did when I wanted it!) she got it very well. We also had the opportunity to test her A Frame contact too without any training aids and that went well. We still need to work on our weaves though as we did have a couple of missed entries and she came out of them a couple of times but generally I'm pleased with how her training is going. We are at Agility Nuts on Sunday so that will be an opportunity to test things somewhere totally new.

Good luck to everyone we know competing at Crufts over the next few days and we'll see some of you tomorrow I'm sure!

No comments: